Growing up I never knew I would be a lover of seafoods,from calamari lobsters,crabs etc. I watched a famous cartoon series known as Sponge Bob and I thought seafood had feelings like us humans. So the idea of me eating sea food made me feel awful.But today I am a huge fan of them especially prawns.
Prawns are good for your health. They’re high in protein and eating them is a great way to help make sure you and your family get enough iron, zinc and vitamin E. Prawns also contain heart-friendly omega-3 fatty acids. Cooked using healthy methods such as grilling, steaming and stir-frying, and with “good” fats such as olive oil, they’re also very low in fat and saturated fat.
You can decide to cook your prawns whole or shell them. To shell prawns , twist the head off the body. Peel away the shell and legs in segments until you get to the tail. Pinch the tail and gently pull the body out. Take the tip of a sharp knife and make an incision to expose the vein, which will either be down the back or running along the belly of the prawn .
How to make prawns with chilli,corriander and lime butter.
- 16 King Prawns
- 100g butter
- 2 fresh red Thai chillies, seeded and finely chopped
- 20ml Lime juice
- 2 tablespoons of finely chopped coriander
- Shell prawns, leaving tails intact. To butterfly prawns, cut halfway through the back of each prawn, remove veins(black in colour) and press flat. Do this under running water to clean the prawns.
- Cook prawns on heated oiled grill pan or in a heavy-base pan till they change colour or are just cooked through.
- Meanwhile,melt the butter in a cooking pan. Add in the chilli, lime juice and coriander and whisk till they combine. Servre the lemon butter in a sauce bowl.
- Serve on a bead of assorted vegetables
I hope you enjoy making your prawns.