One thing I love about mushrooms is that they take a really short time cooking and also their unique taste. I love the creamy texture and exquisite taste of the soup.
I am so enthusiastic about this recipe. Hope you love it. I got this recipe from my grandmother.
- 50gr finely chopped onions
- 300g fresh mushrooms, washed and sliced
- 35gr butter
- 1/2 pc Lemon
- 1.8lt vegetable stock
- 20ml Milk
- 70g flour
- 50ml Fresh Cream
- Little Thyme or Presley finely chopped
- White pepper
- Make a paste of flour and water and use it to clean the mushroms. This ensures that all the dirt is off. Rice thoroughly under running water. Slice the mushrooms into fine slices.
- Melt the butter in a cooking pan add the onions and glaze them. Add in the mushrooms and stew them shortly.
- Add in the lemon juice ,fill up with stock. Add thyme or Peresley ,salt and pepper.
- In a separate bowl, mix flour and milk together and strain. Bring everything to boil then add the flour and milk mixture then simmer for 15 minutes.
- Using a blender, blend the soup to a fine and smooth texture.
- Re–boil the soup,add the cream, taste then correct the seasoning if necessary.
- Serve with assorted bread rolls or with garlic bread.
Mushrooms are very tricky when it comes to know which one is eddible.Just a tip, do not eat or cook any mushroom assuming that all mushrooms are edible. Here is a chart with some of the most common edible mushrooms .