One thing I love about this soup is that it’s rich in flavours n nutrients,a rich blend of vegetables, proteins and even carbohydrates.Well,the title already gives you a hint that it is full of fresh farm products. Here is how to make your very own farmers soup.
VEGETABLE STOCK. (5LT)
- 50ml Corn oil
- 200g Onions roughly sliced
- 600g Vegetable timings (roughly sliced) celery, leek, carrots, turnips, cabbage, baby marrows etc
- 20g parsley steams
- 10g garlic cloves (roughly chopped)
- 10 peppercorns, crushed
- 6lt water, cold
- Heat oil in in a stock lot and gently sweat the onions and garlic then add the vegetables, parsley steams and sweat well without allowing colour.
- Add water, salt, Peppercorns, bring to boil and simmer for half an hour. Skim frequently if necessary.
- Strain, recoil, cool and then store in fridge.
FARMERS SOUP(2 LT)
- 400g Vegetables such as carrots, turnips,cabbageand leeks. Cut to paysanne.
- 100gr potatoes cut to paysanne kept in cold water
- 60gr Onions finely chopped
- 50gr Bacon cut into small squares
- 20gr Flour
- 20gr Butter
- 1.6lt Vegetable stock
- 60ml cooking cream
- Black pepper powder
A famers soup can contain much much more ingredients, this recipe is not standard
- Mlet the butter in a cooking pot and add the onions and bacon sweat them at low temperature for about 2 minutes.
- Add all the vegetables except the potatoes, sweat these with a cover for about 3 minutes on very low heat(without colouring)
- Add the flour, mix well and add the stock, add the salt,bring to boil and simmer it for 25 minutes.
- Add the potatoes recoil and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the cream, taste and correct seasoning.