Chicken is one of the easiest dishes to work with in a thousand ways. It’s meat is white and very tender.This recipe is rich in flavours due to the magnitude of ingredients it has eg:basil,olives,anchovies tomatoes etc.
The dish is from Italian origin. The name Cacciatore means “hunter ” because hunters were the first who ate this dish.
INGREDIENTS (RECIPE QTY:5 PORTIONS)
- 50ml Olive Oil
- 1.5kg Chicken,ready cut is for stew
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 150gr Chopped Onion
- 10gr chopped Garlic
- 1.5dl White Wine
- 1tbsp White Wine Vinegar
- 1.5dl Chicken stock
- 400g Tomato flesh
- 20g Tomato paste
- 1 Bunch of Fresh Basil
- 5 Pinches of Sugar
- 5 Anchovies Fillets
- 60gr Black Olives, Pitted and cut into halves
- 5 springs Parsley chopped coarsely.
- heat oil in a frying pan, season chicken and fry light brown all round.
- Remove Chicken and fry onions and garlic, deglaze with wine and then transfer chicken to a stewing pan.
- Add vinegar, Tomato paste, Sugar, Basil Tomatoes and Stock and stew until done (approximately half an hour)
- Remove the chicken pieces from the cooking pot for a while and prepare the sauce:add anchovies,olives and half the parsley and simmer for a short while,and add back the chicken pieces. Simmer for 5 minutes and sprinkle the rest of the parsley prior to serving.