Prawns are Sea creatures that originate from the crustaceans family.When raw they are blue-grey in colour. When cooked, the shells turn pink and the sweet, meaty flesh turns white tinged with pink.While cooking prawns,cook them shortly to prevent the meat from becoming tough.
Step by step procedure on how to clean prawns before cooking :
- Remove the head by twisting it off the body.
- Remove the legs from the underside of the body, starting from where the head was. As you peel them upwards, they will take with them the shell that goes around the top of the prawn. Repeat this section by section working your way towards the tail until there is only one section left.
- Hold the tail and pinch it between your fingers.Pull out the last section of the shell,and the rest of the prawn should pop out.
- Using a knife make an incision at the back of the prawn.Under running water pull out the intestine that is either black or brownish in colour.
This is an ancient Spanish sauce that comprises of herbs,lots of flat-leafed parsley and some fresh cilantro. Also what goes in is some garlic, a little red wine vinegar, lemon juice, salt, pepper and olive oil – it’s basically a pesto.It goes well with fish, chicken, grilled steak and even Sea food. INGREDIENTS
- 1 bunch of fresh flat – leafed parsley
- 1 bunch of fresh cilantro
- 50g roughly chopped onion
- 3Tbsp Oregano
- 3 Cloves of garlic, peeled
- 20ml Lemon or Lime juice
- 20ml Red wine vinegar
- 5g Salt
- 5g pepper
- 10g finely chopped red pepper, deseeded.
- 40ml olive oil
- Add all the ingredients in the food processor apart from the olive oil and blend it shortly until chopped.
- Add in the olive oil and blend shortly till fine.
How to cook the prawns with the sauce.
- In a pan heat some little cooking oil. Once the oil is hot add the prawns. Cook shortly till they are halfway cooked.
- Add the chimichurri sauce and toss. Correct the seasoning and serve hot.
Delicious!!!!! Give the recipe a try.