One of the reasons why i love this dish is because Pork is a very sweet meat that brings out the sweet tooth in me. The dish is prepared delicately incorporating different flavors to bring out its unique taste.The BBQ sauce is like the icing on a cake, it brings out the best of the dish. The sauce looks like caramelized tomato sauce and has a smoky, sweet and tangy flavor all in one.Here is one of the recipes i use,hope you enjoy
INGREDIENTS (SERVES 4)
- 2 1/2 kg Pork Ribs
- 2 tsp of salt
- 2 tbsp of garlic powder
- 1 tsp of ground black pepper
- 2 Cups of soy sauce
- Pre-heat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Divide the meat into 8 equal portions
- In a bowl combine the ingredients together salt,garlic powder, black pepper and two cups of soy sauce. Cover the meat with the marinade and refrigerate for half an hour.
- Once the meat has marinated place it in a baking tray.Sprinkle some oil onto the meat ,cover the baking tray with aluminium foil then cook it in the oven.
- Bake for 1 1/2 hours
- 2 tbsp of brown sugar
- 1/ cup of white vinegar
- 2 tbsp of Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp of mustard
- 2 tbsp of honey
- 2 cups of ketchup
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- Put the ingredients together in a sauce pan.
- Mix them together then bring them to boil, reduce the heat then simmer for one hour.
- Once the 1 1/2 hour is over remove the ribs from the oven then pour the BBQ sauce onto the ribs.Ensure that all sides are coated with the sauce.Cover the baking tray with foil and bake for another one and a half hour
Pork goes well with potatoes (mashed, french fries,scalloped etc) and some green vegetable like broccoli, spinach, french beans and so many more.