Chicken is a very unique dish. This is because you can play around with different ingredients to bring out different tastes and flavors.And the fact that it takes a really short time to cook creates gives it a greater advantage.For this recipe the Hawaiian marinade brings out a sweet, smoky and tangy flavor that leaves you craving for more.This dish is great for BBQ.
- 1.4 KG Chicken wings
- 1 cup of pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup of dark soy sauce
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- 1/4 cup of home made chicken stock or alternatively dissolve chicken cubes in water, bring to boil then cool
- 20 g of ginger peeled and grated
- 1 teaspoon of chili sauce
- 2 Scallions (peeled and sliced to be used as garnish)
- Grilled pineapple wedges.
- Add some cooking oil in a stock pot then add some chicken bones.Fry till golden brown.
- Meanwhile roughly chop some carrots, leek, celery, and onions and add to the chicken bones.
- Once cooked add some water to cover the bones.Bring to boil then simmer for an hour.Correct the seasoning by adding salt and pepper
- In a medium bowl, whisk together pineapple juice, soy sauce, brown sugar, chicken stock, ginger and garlic. Divide the sauce into two portions, add the chicken wings in one of the portions.Cover both bowls with cling film and refrigerate for at least one hour.
- Pre-heat the grill pan for 5 – 10 minutes.Oil the pan and leave it to get hot.
- Remove wings from marinade, allowing excess to drip off; discard marinade. Place the wings on the pan and grill cook, occasionally brushing with reserved sauce and turning wings, until wings are well browned and cooked through, about 30 minutes.Cook about 3 minutes per side, brushing often with the sauce to build up a nice glaze.
Serve chicken wings with thinly sliced scallions and grilled pineapple, if desired.