INGREDIENTS (SERVES 6)
- Half a butternut.
- Two whole onions.
- Two large whole carrots.
- One steam of leek and two steams of celery.
- 1/2 cup of cooking cream.
- 6 cups of vegetable stock.
- Salt and pepper.
- Peel the butternut and chop it roughly, Peel the onions and carrots then chop them roughly. Wash the leek and celery and chop them roughly.
- In a sufuria, add some cooking oil, once the oil is hot enough add the onions and saute them shortly. Add the celery, leek and carrots cook for roughly five minutes then add the butternut. Cook for five more minutes. Add the vegetable stock, bring to a boil then simmer for half an hour. Once cooked allow it to cool.
- In a blender blend all the contents till they are fine. Return the soup in the sufuria, add the cooking cream and mix well. Using salt and pepper correct your seasoning.
- Serve the soup in a soup bowl, garnish it with a dash of cooking cream and a coriander leaf, thyme or chives. Serve the soup with some bread rolls.